Hi Folks,

We're experiencing a significant number of problems where our PoE switches
report that Aruba AP-105s are drawing more than 15.4W.  When this happens
our switches shut off the power to the offending AP.  The problem is
intermittent, but seems to occur repeatedly on the same APs, while never
occurring on other APs.  Our diagnostics have eliminated excessive loss in
the cabling as the culprit, which seems to leave two possibilities.
Either there are some Aruba AP-105s which are using more power than they
are supposed to, or our switches are incorrectly measuring the power
consumption of the APs.  If the APs are at fault, it's unlikely that we
would be the only ones with this problem.  Is anybody else having any
issues with Aruba AP-105s drawing more than 15.4W?

Thanks,

Chuck Enfield

Sr. Communications Engineer

Telecommunications & Networking Services

The Pennsylvania State University

110H, USB2, UP, PA 16802

ph: 814.863.8715

fx: 814.865-3988