We currently have a mix of Cisco (legacy) and Aruba (last two years) APs
(although we're good at keeping any given building single brand, as much as
possible).     We've generally gone with an engineering rule of thumb of 20-30
clients per access point.

We've noticed issues with channel flapping and inadequate load balancing on our
Aruba APs in large classrooms where we have, based on our client per AP
engineering, large numbers of APs.    After an on-site visit from an Aruba
engineer, his comment was that we have TOO MANY APs in our classrooms and high
density areas.    His recommendation (using the Aruba AP135s) was that we
design based on 80 clients per AP (minimum 50, average 80, max 100), and to
design based on 50 clients per AP for the older AP125s.

I'd be curious to know what others think about that recommendation -- seems
pretty significantly different from everything we've been told and designed for
in the past.   (BTW, the engineer also noted that he's not a sales guy and the
sales guys would suggest differently -- figures).

Thoughts?

-- Jim Gogan
    ITS-Networking
    Univ of North Carolina at Chapel Hill