> I recently had a staff member ask for a report or document stating how
> dangerous wireless is to their health. Has anyone else been asked this
> before and can you direct me or send me the info that you provided to
> that person or department?
>
> Thanks for any help or info on this subject.

*
Craig, and other interested parties...*

I shall take this opportunity to point you to the following resources..

"Brain tumour risk in relation to mobile telephone use: results of the
INTERPHONE international case--control study"
<http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/39/3/675.full.pdf+html>
International Journal of Epidemiology 2010;39:675--694  [
http://ije.oxfordjournals.org/content/39/3/675.full.pdf+html ]

*US National Academy of Science Report* - "Identification of Research
Needs Relating to Potential Biological or Adverse Health Effects of
Wireless Communication Devices,"
<http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=12036> at:
http://www.nap.edu/catalog.php?record_id=12036

International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection
<http://www.icnirp.de/PubEMF.htm>  (ICNIRP)  [
http://www.icnirp.de/PubEMF.htm ]

*WHO* - "Electromagnetic fields and public health: Base stations and
wireless technologies
<http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs304/en/index.html>"
<http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs304/en/index.html> [Fact
sheet N°304], May 2006
http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs304/en/index.html

*FROM WHO:* EMF Project Scientific Articles
in chronological order
(http://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/sci_journal/en/index.html)

  * *Repacholi MH, Cardis E (1997) *Criteria for EMF health risk
    assessment. /Radiation Protection Dosimetry,/ 72:305-312.
  * *Repacholi MH (ed) (1998) * Low-level exposure to radiofrequency
    electromagnetic fields: health effects and research needs.
    /Bioelectromagnetics,/ 19:1-19.
  * *McKinlay AF and Repacholi MH (eds) (1999) *Exposure metrics and
    dosimetry for EMF epidemiology. /Radiation Protection Dosimetry,/
    83(1-2):194.
  * *Repacholi MH and Greenebaum B (eds) (1999) *Interaction of static
    and extremely low frequency electric and magnetic fields with living
    systems: Health effects and research needs. /Bioelectromagnetics,/
    20:133-160.
  * *Foster KH, Vecchia P, Repacholi MH (2000) *Science and the
    precautionary policy. /Science,/ 288:979-981.
  * *Kheifets L (2001)* Electric and magnetic field exposure and brain
    cancer. /Bioelectromagnetics/ 5: S120-S131.
  * *Kheifets L (2001)* Electric and Magnetic Fields and Occupational
    Health. /Patty's Industrial Hygiene and Toxicology/, Fifth Edition
    100: 141-198.
  * *Kheifets L, Greenberg R, Neutra R, Hester G, Poole C, Rall D,
    Banerjee G (2001)* From epidemiology to policy: An EMF case study.
    /American Journal of Epidemiology/ 154(12): S50-59.
  * *Kheifets L, Hester G, Banerjee G (2001)* The Precautionary
    Principle and EMF: Implementation and Evaluation. /Journal of Risk
    Research/ 4(2): 113-125.
  * *Mezei G, Kheifets L (2001)* "Is There any Evidence for Differential
    Misclassification or Bias Away from the Null in the Swedish
    Childhood Cancer Study?" Letter to the Editor, /Epidemiology/ 12(6):750.
  * *Repacholi MH (2001)* Health risks from the use of mobile phones.
    /Toxicology Letters/ 120: 323-331.
  * *Foster KR, Osepchuk JM, and Repacholi MH (2002)* Environmental
    impacts of electromagnetic fields from major electrical
    technologies. /Environmental Health Perspectives/
  * *Goldstein LS, Kheifets L, van Deventer TE, Repacholi MH (2002)*
    Comments on the paper "Long-term exposure of Em -Pim1 transgenic
    mice to 898.4 MHz microwaves does not increase lymphoma incidence"
    Radiation Research. /Radiation Research/ 158: 357-364.
  * *Goldstein LS, Kheifets L, van Deventer TE, Repacholi MH (2002)*
    Further comments on "Long-term Exposure of E&mgr;-Pim1 Transgenic
    Mice to 898.4 MHz Microwaves Does Not Increase Lymphoma Incidence"
    by Utteridge et al., /Radiation Research/ 158, 357-364 (2002)
  * *Kheifets L, Thrall N (2002)* Electromagnetic Fields and Health.
    /Macmillians Guide to Pollution/
  * *Litvak E, Foster KR, and Repacholi MH (2002) *Health and safety
    implications of exposure to electromagnetic fields in the frequency
    range 300 Hz to 10 MHz., /Bioelectromagnetics,/ 23(1):68-82.
  * *Mezei G, Kheifets L (2002)* Clues to the possible viral etiology of
    childhood leukemia. /Technology/ 9: 3-14.
  * *Repacholi MH (2002)* Assessment of the Health Effects of EMF
    Exposure. /The Radio Science Bulletin/ 301: 14-24.
  * *Sahl J, Mezei G, Kavet R, McMillan A, Silvers A, Sastre A, Kheifets
    L (2002)* Occupational magnetic field exposures and cardiovascular
    mortality in a cohort of electric utility workers. /American Journal
    of Epidemiology/ 156:913-918.
  * *Dewhirst MW, Lora-Michiels M, Viglianti BL, Dewey WC, and Repacholi
    MH (2003) *Carcinogenic effects of hyperthermia. /International
    Journal of Hyperthermia,/ 19(3):236-251
  * *Goldstein LS, Dewhirst MW, Repacholi MH, and Kheifets L (2003)*
    Summary, conclusions and recommendations: adverse temperature levels
    in the human body, /International Journal of Hyperthermia,/
    19(3):373-384
  * *Kheifets L, Repacholi MH, and Saunders R (2003)* Thermal stress and
    radiation protection principles. /International Journal of
    Hyperthermia,/ 19(3):215-224
  * *McKinlay A, Repacholi MH (2003)* (eds) Weak electric fields effects
    in the body. /Radiation Protection Dosimetry/ 106 (4) 2003
  * *Repacholi MH (2003)* WHO's health risk assessment of ELF
    fields./Radiation Protection Dosimetry,/ 106(4):297-299
  * *Riadh W. Habash Y, Brodsky LM, Leiss W, Krewski D, Repacholi MH
    (2003)* Health Risks of Electromagnetic Fields. Part I: Evaluation
    and Assessment of Electric and Magnetic Fields. /Critical Review in
    Biomedical Engineering/, 31(3&4):219--273
  * *van Deventer TE, Repacholi MH (2004)* Effet de la Téléphonie mobile
    su la santé humaine: état des connaissances scientifiques, /Droit de
    l'environnement dans la pratique/, 8, 708-724
  * *Kheifets L, Repacholi M, Saunders R, van Deventer TE (2005)*
    Sensitivity of Children to Electromagnetic Fields, /Pediatrics/,
    August 2005, 303-313
  * *Kheifets L, Sahl J, Shimkhada R, Repacholi MH (2005)* Developing
    policy in the face of scientific uncertainty: interpreting 0.3 µT or
    0.4 µT cut points from EMF epidemiologic studies, /Risk Analysis/,
    25 (4), vol. 5, no.1, 927-935
  * *van Deventer TE, Saunders R, Repacholi MH (2005)* WHO health risk
    assessment process for static fields, /Progress in Biophysics and
    Molecular Biology/, 87, 355-363
  * *Kheifets L, van Deventer TE, Lundel G, Swanson J (2006)* Le
    principe de précaution et les champs électriques et magnétiques :
    mise en oeuvre et évaluation, /Environnement, risques et santé/,
    Jan-Feb 2006, 43-53
  * *van Rongen E, Saunders R, van Deventer TE, Repacholi MH (2006)*
    Static fields: Biological effects and mechanisms relevant to
    exposure limits. /Health Physics/, June 2007, vol. 92, no. 6, 584-590
  * *Valberg P, van Deventer TE, Repacholi MH (2007)* Workgroup Report:
    Base Stations and Wireless Networks: Radiofrequency (RF) Exposures
    and Health Consequences. /Environmental Health Perspectives/, March
    2007, vol. 115, no. 3, 416-424
  * *van Deventer TE, Simunic D, Repacholi MH (2007)* EMF standards for
    human health, chapter in /Handbook of Biological Effects of
    Electromagnetic Fields/, 3rd ed., Biological and Medical Aspects of
    Electromagnetic Fields, F. Barnes and B Greenebaum, eds., 277-292
  * *van Deventer E, Foster K (2008)* Risk Assessment and Risk
    Communication for Electromagnetic Fields: A World Health
    Organization Perspective, chapter in book /The Role of Evidence in
    Risk Characterization: Making Sense of Conflicting Data/, P.
    Wiedemann and H. Schütz, eds., WILEY-VCH, 13-24

*ALSO,* WHO,  "Electromagnetic fields (EMF) - Health Risk Assessment."
<http://www.who.int/peh-emf/research/health_risk_assess/en/index2.html>   [
http://www.who.int/peh-emf/research/health_risk_assess/en/index2.html ]

All the best
--/
* Dr. Robert Mathews, D.Phil.
* Distinguished Senior Research Scholar
* National Security Affairs & U.S Industrial Preparedness
* Office of Scientific Inquiry and Applications
* University of Hawai'i
* E.mail: mathews [at] hawaii dot edu
* Secure Messaging/Voice/Video available/