This is long overdue, but to close this thread:  As of 7.3, global IP Routing is enabled and, by design, an AP will drop packets that are layer 2 broadcast and layer 3 unicast, as was the case with our DHCP offers since we had a broadcast address specified on the SVI.  Once the "ip broadcast-address" statement was removed from the SVI, the AP was able to process the packet and receive an IP.   Hope this helps anyone else experiencing this issue...

Thanks.

-----The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> wrote: -----
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
From: Jason Murray
Sent by: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
Date: 10/19/2012 10:16AM
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco 7.3 Code and ISC DHCP

On 10/17/12 6:39 AM, Julian Y Koh wrote:
> On Oct 16, 2012, at 19:49 , Jason Murray <jemur...@zweck.net> wrote
> This is not completely related, but we just upgraded one of our Cisco routers, after the upgrade dhcp stopped working because one dhcp option was blank.    'Debug IP dhcp server' was the only way we would have noticed this problem.  The router was silently discarding the replies.
>
> Can you share router model and software versions?

The last time we had this problem, I documented it here:

http://blog.zweck.net/2012/10/cisco-fails-to-relay-dhcp-requests.html

We have also seen this exact same problem on the Cisco 6509, although I
don't remember the exact software versions.

--
Jason E. Murray
Sr. Systems Engineer