Just some additional clarifications regarding Iowa's experience.

> 1.  Access to raw data is limited which results in the following:
>   a. We found that their "Radio Attach Success Rate" measurement doesn't
> breakout into detail where a failure occurred (802.11 Auth, 802.11 Assoc,
> 802.1x Auth, DHCP success, etc.).

There are independent 802.11 auth and 802.11 association metrics you can get
to. There isn't one for 802.1X, but that feature will be in the next release.

> We discovered that if the "eye" sent a probe request to an AP and didn't get
> a probe response, it considered that a failure. However, an AP may not send a
> probe response to every probe request if it is trying to band steer or load
> balance clients, but will still respond to an 802.11 Auth request.  This led
> us to see skewed results.

This was mostly fixed in a code update provided by 7signal, although it took a
lot of convincing to get there.

As Neil pointed out, the product shows lots of promise. We have a lot more
experimentation to do before we determine just how good a fit it is for our
campus. It is very powerful to be able to make a baseline, then make a change
in the wireless environment, and then actually measure the effect. Based on our
last conversation with them, I am hopeful that we will see some of the features
we desire get into the product soon.

Thanks.

-Jason