Greetings all,

NU has 2 (yes, that's two!) mid-level network engineer positions open here in
the NUIT Telecommunications and Network Services group.  The reason I'm posting
here is that while all of the network engineers are expected to be able to work
across a number of different areas, everyone also has specific areas of
concentration.  For one of the openings (job ID 21423), we are looking for
someone to concentrate in the wireless networking area in terms of design, site
survey, troubleshooting, maintenance etc.  Of course there will be lots of
other work in other areas as well, since the network engineering team is
responsible for everything to do with the IP network, including routers,
switches, firewalls, VPN concentrators, wireless APs/controllers, optical DWDM
switches, DNS/DHCP/NTP servers, etc etc.

The other job posting (ID 21417) will ideally be filled by someone with
experience with Linux/Unix administration, load balancing, and DNS/DHCP
operations, but again there are lots of opportunities to work with all sorts of
stuff in this group.  Plus all network engineers get to report to me, so that's
gotta count for something (whether positive or negative, you can decide :)).
We would love to get someone with higher ed experience as well for both
positions.

Interested applicants can look up the detailed job descriptions and apply at
<http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/>.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Acting Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
847-467-5780
NUIT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>