Total number of users in dorms?
7,500
Total Internet bandwidth reserved for residence halls (to your ISP):
No bandwidth is reserved specifically for the residence halls.
Do you have a cap (Mbps) per users?  If so, at what speed?
More MB/week-- we utilize weekly bandwidth accounting.  Students purchase a
tier of service of service, and are unlimited in speed unless they exceed their
allocation, then are reduced to modem speeds until their weekly reset or they
purchase a higher tier (no harm/no foul).  This is for all students
resident/commuter.  Resident tiers are priced/packaged differently due to their
greater consumption patterns (to avoid subsidies).
If you cap, do you set it at the switch port using QOS (wireless controller for
wireless) or use an appliance such as a Packetshaper or Firewall?
When do you decide to upgrade your bandwidth? When you hit 80% or do you wait
until you bump up against your limit?
If your connection is over 1 gig to your ISP, are you using a 10Gig handoff or
multiple one gig handoffs bundled together?
We pay for a committed rate of ~5Gbps at the 95th percentile for the entire
campus, however have two 10Gbps ports to our provider due to bursty traffic
which will occasionally exceeds 10Gbps.  The residential service pays for its
portion of use.  That is calculated across all wired and wireless consumption
on campus by their users (not just in the residence halls).

When to worry is a bit more complicated given access rate versus committed rate
-- and also sampling rates.  I drive the committed close to 100%.  Access,
depends on the price, 30% if you can afford it.  But looking at short-term
sample rates may indicate otherwise (1, 10, 30, 60 second samples).

-William