Looks like they have one called a MR500 that does dual band but I can't
find it on their site. I only read about it in one of their success stories.

Craig

On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 4:41 PM, John Kaftan <jkaf...@utica.edu> wrote:

> I reached out to them and they replied that they're going to have dual
> band devices soon.
> On May 8, 2014 6:06 PM, "Jeff Kell" <jeff-k...@utc.edu> wrote:
>
>>  They apparently have OpenMesh here at the St Lious Hilton (Educause
>> SPC).  Just noticed from the BSSID OID identifier.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> On 5/8/2014 5:35 PM, Hanset, Philippe C wrote:
>>

>>  On May 8, 2014, at 5:27 PM, John Kaftan <jkaf...@utica.edu> wrote:
>>
>>  I find this solution intriguing.  I plan to deploy it small scale for a
>> side job (only about 5-6 APs).  The cost is very low.  I wonder if it could
>> scale to a stadium deployment.
>>
>>  http://www.open-mesh.com/
>>

>>  I looked into it for some cheap designs.
>> 2.4 GHz only. That is pretty limiting for a stadium!
>>

>>  Also, Enterasys\Extreme has has some success building out stadiums.
>>

>> http://www.bizjournals.com/sanjose/news/2014/01/15/extreme-networks-chosen-as-official.html?page=all
>>

>> http://www.citeworld.com/article/2115627/mobile-byod/philadelphia-eagles-wifi-enterasys.html
>>

>> On Thu, May 8, 2014 at 11:52 AM, Osborne, Bruce W (Network Services) <
>> bosbo...@liberty.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>  Erik,
>>>

>>> Our data agrees with Mike’s statements.
>>>
>>> We recently ran a survey polling our students. The results were
>>> positive. But in order to have a successfully deployment you want to have
>>> both a DAS and an engineered 802.11 wireless infrastructure. Because of the
>>> many variables the channels need to be statically set and have to overlap
>>> perfectly. Physics plays a bigger role more than ever in a stadium
>>> deployment because of the scale and open air. Airtime is key!
>>>

>>> We are currently looking at DAS solutions and Aruba Network’s Wi-Fi
>>> recommendations to improve our Stadium wireless experience.
>>>

>>> *Bruce Osborne*
>>>
>>> *Network Engineer – Wireless Team*
>>>
>>> *IT Network Services*
>>>

>>> *(434) 592-4229 <%28434%29%20592-4229>*
>>>

>>> *LIBERTY UNIVERSITY*
>>>
>>> *Training Champions for Christ since 1971*

Craig Eyre
Network Analyst
IT Services Department
Mount Royal University
4825 Mount Royal Gate SW
Calgary AB T2P 3T5

P. 403.440.5199
E. ce...@mtroyal.ca

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of
strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vincent
T. Lombardi"

"MRU IT Services or any legitimate organization will *NEVER* ask for your
password. Never email or share your password with anyone.".