I am hoping someone can point me in the correct direction.  Two days in
a row, our wireless controllers (4404 and wism2) have stopped sending
the DHCP requests for clients for just one of our WLAN.  This WLAN is
open and is used as the Multicast VLAN for our two 802.1X WLANs.

Recent Changes:
1.  Tuesday morning, we replaced our ISC DHCP servers with Infoblox.
2.  As part of that change, we had to change the dhcp server settings on
all of the dynamic interfaces.  In classic mode of Prime, you are not
allowed to enter just one dhcp address.  So, on the controllers
themselves, I manually updated the list of dhcp servers  for all of the
dynamic interfaces except the open one, ias-144.  I was not allowed to
change the dhcp settings on ias-144 because it was in use.  As we were
getting near the end of our window, I setup the dhcp override in the
corresponding WLAN.  (I later remembered it was "in use" as the
Multicast VLAN.))
3.  Wednesday, about 25 hours after the dhcp server change, clients were
unable to get an ip address.  We "fixed" this issue by disabling the
WLAN, removing it as the Multicast VLAN, and replacing its dynamic
interface using a Prime's Lifecycle Theme template.
4.  Today at 13:21, the problem reoccurred.  I removed the dhcp override
option as it was no longer needed.  That didn't help.  We then disabled
and re-enabled the WLAN.  After doing so, clients were able to get their
dhcp addresses.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?  The ip helper-address is the same
for all of the WLANs on the 6509 and on the controllers.  All of the
dynamic interfaces look the same on the controllers.

Thank you for your help,
--
Christina Klam
Network Engineer

Einstein Drive          Telephone: 609-734-8154
Princeton, NJ 08540     Fax:  609-951-4418