From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jason Heffner
Sent: Monday, September 08, 2014 1:57 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Apple TV BLE discovery when connected via wired

We found the BT discovery does work ok with wired LAN. A few of the network
guys weren’t too happy about the inability to disable the Apple Sleep Proxy
Service. It can cause a little bit of bonjour hell, as they called it, if
bonjour is enabled on the LAN. The BT discovery we found was a bit unreliable.
It would work most of the time, but when testing we found there are times that
we couldn’t get an iPad to find the AppleTV till it was rebooted and we were
concerned with distance. IMO it works better for conference rooms and possibly
smaller classrooms if you don’t mind it broadcasting. We are still using our
Mirror App though.

Yosemite still doesn’t have support for BT discovery yet, though I’d assume
that is coming. I wonder if AirServer/Reflector will add it at some point too.
I’ve been watching the iOS betas for the new features coming that will utilize
WiFi-direct.

Jason