We just got this wonderful tidbit from a local engineer with one of the major
wi-fi vendors (would prefer to maintain anonymity); anybody else seeing this
yet?

-- Jim Gogan / ITS Communication Technologies
    UNC-Chapel Hill

=============================
FYI, ... A message from one of my other customers about ios 8.

We are seeing some wireless issues related to iOS 8 on iPhones.  It appears
that Apple has set their devices to 'aggressively' roam between WiFi and
carrier data networks.  The result is phones have a tendency to flap back and
forth between the university's wireless network and the carrier's network (in
my case Verizon's LTE network).  I have not seen this in previous Apple
software releases.  Turning off cellular data seems to remedy the issue, but
that forces the user to continually turn data services on and off as they come
and go from campus.  We are also seeing more of a delay in the EAP
authentication process on our WPA2-Enterprise network.