From: "Brian Helman" <bhel...@salemstate.edu>
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 10:35:53 AM
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Attendance

Can someone repost this on April 1 st . There are many of us who would like to
chime in.

Joking aside, I vaguely remember reading that some schools (I believe they were
public high schools in the US) were looking to use ID cards for this purpose,
tracking the prox chips. I don’t know what is/would be worse, a faculty member
needing to take a head count or a faculty member trying to figure out why that
head count is 20 while the RF attendance says 25, because friends were bringing
friends’ ID cards to class. Just think of the entrepreneurial opportunities
here!

-Brian