From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Eriks Rugelis
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 8:35 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco WLC 8.0.100.0 GO or No Go?

We have been running  8.0.100.0 across 5 WLC 5508's for all of our undergrad
Resnet buildings (mix of AP702W's, AP3602's) since 2014 September.  The rate of
user complaints about WLAN service in Resnet has been low.

As a result of this positive experience, we plan to move the rest of the campus
to this version of code at the end of 2014 December.

I have not seen 8.0MR1 yet and have no opinion about it.

Eriks

"In God we trust; all others must bring data." - attributed to W. Edwards Deming
---
Eriks Rugelis | Manager, Network Development | University Information Technology
010 Steacie Science and Engineering Library | York University | 4700 Keele St.
, Toronto ON Canada M3J 1P3
T: +1.416.736.5756 | F: +1.416.736.5830 | er...@yorku.ca<mailto:er...@yorku.ca>
| www.yorku.ca<http://www.yorku.ca/>

York UIT will NEVER send unsolicited requests for passwords or other personal
information via email. Messages requesting such information are fraudulent and
should be deleted.<http://www.yorku.ca/> ********** Participation and
subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list
can be found at http://www.educause.edu/groups/.