To respond to a few things in this thread:

Aside from user requests based on “I already have this, I want to use it”
or “I don’t want to pay for another drop” or “your cords are ugly” there
are things like mass registration events, fairs etc. in basketball courts
and whatnot where getting power to a temporary desk is a lot easier than
running a cable. Of course you can always do a WGB and a baby switch or
something as a workaround, but there are still some valid use cases for a
wireless printer. There's also an increasing population of people wanting
to print from tablets or other devices where attaching a local printer may
not be feasible, and if you're in a residence hall...

Speaking from the perspective of a research/healthcare sector, the exact
same wants and needs exist as well, with some added HIPAA spice, and the
lack of solutions is just as frustrating. Someone mentioned Zebra printers,
and those do in fact work with WPA2/EAP/MSChapv2, although we're still
trying to troubleshoot occasional EAP timeout issues with them. (These are
battery-powered little barcode/label printers that you can clip to your
belt or have on a rolling workstation or such, for inventory control and
whatnot.)

--
Toivo Voll
Network Administrator