We could have dreamed that 5 GHz was this “clean” spectrum that all our users
were going to move to and simplify our life a bit!

but wait...

the carriers have decided that they could use it too (ever heard of LTE-LAA?)

Why would carriers stay in their contained and expensive Licensed Spectrum when
they could use the Unlicensed one…

https://gigaom.com/2015/01/05/ericsson-unleashes-lte-over-the-wi-fi-airwaves/

The theory is that LTE-LAA will play nice with Wi-Fi …. in theory!

Can you hear the pitch already?
Hello Mr CIO, we can take care of all your Wi-Fi needs for campus with a very
reliable technology.
No upfront cost to you, no Help Desk to deal with. Just a minimal monthly fee
for all you users that
are already our customers anyway. And we deal with DMCA...

LTE-LAA sounds like that very polite good looking neighbor that moves next door
and that eventually steels your spouse!

Philippe

Philippe Hanset
www.anyroam.net