From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Doug Burke
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 7:29 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] 802.11ac AP Deployment

All,

Last year we cabled our campus classrooms and administrative offices with CAT6a
preparing for the deployment of Wav 2 802.11ac. We are about to begin Phase II
of the cabling project in our residence halls and we are looking for input from
others on whether to plan for one AP per room or trust our survey tools. I
expect most of you will say "it depends" and we understand the complexities of
building construction. We have deployed 70 Wav 1 APs as a Proof of Concept
(POC) testing them in different types of building construction but would like
to hear other's experiences in particular to residence halls. Thank you for
your help.

Douglas Burke
Senior Director '13 MSEL, BSBA
Network Infrastructure Systems & Services University of San Diego