For emergencies why go wireless?  There's just too much not under control in
my mind (RF, mainly). You've already got cable and power there, why not
stick with the wired solution?

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Edward Ip
Sent: Tuesday, April 21, 2015 11:06 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Outdoor wireless emergency VoIP phone recommendation

Hello,

I am looking for recommendations to replace our aging outdoor emergency
phones. Ideally, I am looking for a wireless (Wi-Fi based) outdoor emergency
VoIP phone to replace our very old landline based outdoor phones. My initial
research has not produced any good candidates yet as well I was wondering if
anyone has had successfully deployed such a system at their location? Any
feedback would be very much appreciated.

We use Aruba APs and Cisco Call Manager in our network.

Regards,

Edward Ip | ITS | Wireless Systems Administrator

613 727 4723 | ext 7112

Algonquin College | 1385 Woodroffe Avenue | Room C316 | Ottawa | Ontario |
K2G 1V8 | Canada

www.algonquincollege.com

!DSPAM:911,55367579307262107516081!