With the Fall term of the '15-'16 school year coming up, I'm interested to hear
what the members of this group do in terms of communications to incoming
students. Specifically, what IT resources are available, things you should NOT
do (personal wireless routers, etc). I know it's always tough getting any
useful information communicated to students as they are swamped by flyers and
other things from every other department on campus.

I know that throughout the year, we often have students who honestly don't know
that they shouldn't be on the open guest wireless network or similar.

So, has anyone found a particular method for communicating with the incoming
students that they pay attention to and is effective?

Thank you,

Matthew Hinson

Network Operations Engineer

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid. Do not
be disheartened. For the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9