We are doing pretty much the same thing as well, although without the DHCP
tie-in.

We set up a separate SSID for gaming consoles/media devices in the residence
halls and have students register them via one of ISE's portals. We did set up
an authorization policy with a logical profile to prevent 1x-capable devices
from using the SSID. They get stuck in a walled garden and can only see a page
that essentially says they have to connect the device they're currently using
to the 1x SSID (which is the same one we broadcast all over campus). The
profiling component of ISE works pretty well most of the time but we have had a
real headache dealing with XboxOne's since they are essentially Windows 8
machines and we drop Windows 8 clients in the walled garden. I ended up writing
a few custom rules in the profiler that catch most of them and we handle the
rest on an individual basis.

The whole system has worked out pretty well considering the scope (about 12,000
students in 15 residence halls). It hasn't been without its share of bumps but
overall we're pleased with it.

Thanks,
--
Brandon Case
Senior Network Engineer

PGP Fingerprint:
99CB 02D6 983C 1E2A 015F  205C C7AA E985 A11A 1251