From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Tuesday, 15 September 2015 4:54 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Sanity check- spontaneously changing WLC configs- is it
just us?

Not so much looking for a solution here, but wondering if anyone else has seen
similar. Having been on the Cisco thin thrill ride for almost a decade now,
I've always been of the mind that gremlins like to make odd little config
changes over time in the WLCs. Lately I've found:

*         APs renaming themselves
*         Clean Air getting wholesale disabled on a controller
*         APs that way back when were config'd with static IP addresses, but
that have been using DHCP for years, going back to showing static IPs configs
*         APs taking themselves out of a given AP group to default

The odd thing is lack of pattern. An AP or two from a controller or a building,
but not others from the same general grouping. Basically configs that have been
in place for months or years and several code versions just changing on a small
percentage of APs with no seeming rhyme or reason. Very few hands are allowed
anywhere near the important parts of the soup, and I know it's not a matter of
human error.

Does anyone else experience anything like this?

-Lee

Lee Badman | Network Architect
Information Technology Services
206 Machinery Hall