Based on the following link, it implies that flag does not do anything.  It
is old, but did the same thing on code I am running (2.2.8)
http://freeradius.1045715.n5.nabble.com/Why-is-the-default-DH-keysize-only-512-bits-td2754757.html

Walter Reynolds
Principal Systems Security Development Engineer
Information and Technology Services
University of Michigan
(734) 615-9438