From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Lee H Badman
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2015 11:11 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco WLC w/ ISE and/or Clearpass for Large-Scale Guest
Access, MAC exceptions- problems?

Hello to the excellent group.

I'm dealing with a catastrophic code issue with AVC right now on our 8510s that
has me nervous about another feature we plan on using- the tight integration
between our WLCs and either ISE, Clearpass, or SafeConnect SE. We currently do
all wireless guest access through a 3rd party box that is growing long in the
tooth.

For those on high-capacity 85xx controllers and using the likes of web
redirect/policies on the WLC for guest operations and MAC exceptions, have you
run into any WLC code issues that have crippled the service or resulted in
organization embarrassment? Any gotchas or disappointments?

Thanks-

Lee

Lee Badman | Network Architect
Information Technology Services