Lee,

At the University of Michigan we are in the midst of a large scale
buildout.  We currently are locating access points as close as possible to
stairwells, but not in them because our fire marshall will not allow us to
locate access points or antennas in the stairwells themselves.  WRT
elevators, our concern is that having an AP roaming from floor to floor
through the building will wreak havoc on the system.

--
Daniel Eklund
Network Planning Manager