Disabling the data rates is the preferred method of doing this. A few WLAN
vendors (Aerohive and Ubiquiti are the ones I know of for sure) allow you to
set a Min RSSI value. If a client’s SNR drops too low for X number of TU’s,
then AP will deauth the client to…persuade them to pick a different AP

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Jeremy Gibbs
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2015 3:31 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] [Ext] Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Sticky Clients and Probe
Suppression

This is the GTAC solution guide to probe suppression.  I will report if it
helps with sticky clients or not.  This is assuming there is enough RF from
surrounding AP's.

https://gtacknowledge.extremenetworks.com/articles/Solution/Issues-with-clients-staying-with-an-Access-Point-that-has-bad-signal-Sticky-Clients

--

Jeremy L. Gibbs
Sr. Network Engineer

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 2:49 PM, Jim Glassford