We are not outright telling people to use it, however we are also not
blocking it.  E911 is up to the user to keep up-to-date and they have an
agreement with their provider (at least AT&T).  We don't apply any QoS to
this traffic and treat it like all other bulk Internet traffic.  If we see
a big outcry for it's use, we might reconsider how we treat the traffic.

*--Jeremy L. Gibbs*
Sr. Network Engineer
Utica College IITS