From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Frank Sweetser
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2016 8:38 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Welcome to Bring-Your-Own-Access | EdTech Magazine

You can put me squarely in the "hell no!" camp on this one.  We already have
enough problems as it is with printers camping on channel 7, and devices where
the off button just hides the SSID while still keeping the radio powered up
and operating.  I can only imagine the fun and games that would be involved in
troubleshooting that kind of heterogeneous, uncoordinated RF soup.

Frank Sweetser fs at wpi.edu    |  For every problem, there is a solution that
Manager of Network Operations   |  is simple, elegant, and wrong.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute |           - HL Mencken