Looks like you may have TSPEC enabled, which makes sense.

TSPEC is also global.

http://mrncciew.com/2013/03/19/tspec/

I wonder if the iPhone is not using TSPEC.

Kevin McCormick
Western Illinois University

On 3/11/2016 1:36 PM, Shayne Fedorka wrote:

Anyone else getting a lot of the following log entries on your WLC?

/VoIP Call Failure: ’12:34:56:78:9a:bc’ client, detected by ‘AP-Building-Room’ AP on radio type ‘802.11b/g’. Reason: ‘Call failed: TPSEC QOS Policy does not match’./

A quick search indicates this is caused by a QoS policy mismatch. These traps are from smartphones connecting to our main Secure WLAN, not VoIP phones on our dedicated Voice WLAN. I suspect these devices are trying to make calls over Wi-Fi and failing because the QoS is set to Silver (not Platinum). I’ve looked up a handful of the MAC addresses and they all appear to be Android devices. I have confirmed Wi-Fi calling works with an iPhone on this WLAN and no error is generated.

Has anyone made adjustments to your WLAN to support and optimize Wi-Fi calling? If so, what have you done and how has it worked out?

Shayne Fedorka

Network Technician

SUNY Cortland