I’m sure this question gets recycled occasionally, but I wanted to check in on
everyone’s experience with these two protocols in a very BYOD environment.  I
just became a WLAN admin in August and I’m finally to the point where I can
tweak some finer details of the network.  We have 1600 residential students
that bring all kinds of devices.  I’m particularly interested in 802.11k since
it has been out for a while and I think device compatibility or at least
tolerance is pretty good.  What about 802.11r?

I appreciate your thoughts.

​​​​​
Andy Voelker
Network Technician/Wireless LAN Manager