This is actually the config we use. We also pair it with a private CA to
work around the OSes where CAT can only set a CA trust rather than CA and
hostname pair.

There are a couple minor issues we've worked around:
1. A phone wouldn't send a separate outer identity. We also allowed a
username@share-identity.<domain> outer identity to workaround. On the third
RMA of the hardware it started using the outer identity properly, so I'm
thinking this is actually some weird bug.
2. Windows uses the same @realm for inner and outer identity. Just be aware
of this when picking the outer identity and documenting for users (our CAT
page lists to use <username>@domain.edu for the Windows downloads).

The only OSes we've seen as an issue have been the ones which can't support
PEAP securely (see https://wiki.geant.org/x/MAB_AQ). For those the config
fails anyways, and we recommend they use other options until they upgrade
to something more modern (the problematic ones are long past vendor support
at this point).

Jeremy Mooney
ITS - Bethel University