Bruce,

It was a consultant that recommended it, but for gaming/non-802.1x capable
devices.  I may have stated it incorrectly.

Our problem is that we have more and more devices that are non-standard
Windows/Mac OS so the certificate don’t work.  Most are Engineering/IT
students and it’s an uphill battle for us.

We’re currently looking at Apogee to take over our Dorm wired/wireless
network, but we can do the same thing with our own equipment.  The question
we’re asking ourselves is..do we want to create an open network in the
dorms, firewall them from everything unless they’re using secure wireless,
or continue to fight the certificate issues.

We have a homegrown registration system, but we’re quickly outgrowing it
and need to move to something that’s all encompassing.  We used ACS a few
years ago, but our CIO (at the time) wanted to move to all open source and
that’s caused more headaches than anything.

I do have a conference call with Cisco deployment on Wednesday, but just
wanted to get a feel how others in our field like the product, and what
real world issues you’ve had.   Unfortunately, we don’t get that kind of
feedback from the manufacturer.

I appreciate all the e-mails and responses!

Shayne