From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Thomas Carter
Sent: Monday, October 10, 2016 2:40 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] Captive portal trouble with LG phones

We use PacketFence as our NAC and have a captive portal to allow users to
self-register their devices. In the past couple of weeks we've had problems
with the latest LG phones (other Androids work fine) disconnecting in the
middle of a captive portal session; it won't stay connected long enough to
register the device. It seems similar to the old Apple "success.html" test for
internet connectivity, but I haven't been able to determine if that is the
case. Has anyone else seen this issue with new LG phones?

Thomas Carter
Network & Operations Manager / IT
Austin College
900 North Grand Avenue
Sherman, TX 75090
Phone: 903-813-2564
www.austincollege.edu<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.austincollege.edu_&d=DQMFAg&c=GTxgfYI6i4KYikqC6GK_Jzn2mYGEh-v4HEPYCyQcJzU&r=gESFfxkz83JEIAAPJ78hwRDbYXa0egqYOhaeRMDNKZQ&m=VmAIWM1H1bafDXC1xfAJrpNfaTmkC2aJfv3MfpC6J9o&s=n_egKFSrHhhZTmUkaQJjN7qRIEmd-ie0z2zj9YuqWus&e=>
[http://www.austincollege.edu/images/AusColl_Logo_Email.gif]

http://www.educause.edu/groups/<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.educause.edu_groups_&d=DQMFAg&c=GTxgfYI6i4KYikqC6GK_Jzn2mYGEh-v4HEPYCyQcJzU&r=gESFfxkz83JEIAAPJ78hwRDbYXa0egqYOhaeRMDNKZQ&m=VmAIWM1H1bafDXC1xfAJrpNfaTmkC2aJfv3MfpC6J9o&s=lE0xsh9dBHmyRRP31Lrv05l_4ec5XCoSPOF9bzN6M2Q&e=>.