Reminds of this quote for Eugene Stafford:

"Secure web servers [cryptographically enabled web servers] are the equivalent
of heavy armored cars. The problem is, they are being used to transfer rolls of
coins and checks written in crayon by people on park benches to merchants doing
business in cardboard boxes from beneath highway bridges. Further, the roads
are subject to random detours, anyone with a screwdriver can control the
traffic lights, and there are no police."

--
Neil Johnson
Network Engineer