From: Jeffrey D. Sessler [mailto:j...@scrippscollege.edu]
Sent: Monday, November 7, 2016 12:54 PM
Subject: Re: TLS Onboarding Vendors

The idea of using PPSK is that for a given user (student), all their devices
would be together and the on-boarding would be the same be it a laptop or Wii.
Right now, devices that support WPA2-Ent are in one SSID (and use Cloudpath for
onboarding), and the others are connected to a PSK SSID.

I’ve also looked back at years of helpdesk data, and I’m hard pressed to find
situations where we’ve had to disable a user’s account because of a misbehaving
device. We’ve certainly used device exclusion on the controller for enforcing
DMCA violations (no compliance), but I’m not had to do that in years.

Again, there are interesting pluses to TLS, but how often do they come into
play, and is the extra work justified. I don’t know the answer, thus why I’m
asking all of these questions.

Jeff

On 11/7/16, 5:07 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
on behalf of Osborne, Bruce W (Network Operations)"
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU on behalf of bosbo...@liberty.edu> wrote:

    If you are going to use one key per user, you might as well use PEAP
MSCHAPv2.
    Either way you cut off all user access due to one of their devices
misbehaving.
    With TLS you can disable access at a device level.

    Bruce Osborne
    Wireless Engineer
    IT Network Operations - Wireless
     (434) 592-4229

    LIBERTY UNIVERSITY
    Training Champions for Christ since 1971