From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Julian Y Koh
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2016 11:00 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] on-boarding of personal wireless devices

On Thu Nov 17 2016 12:55:37 CST, "Urrea, Nick" <urr...@uchastings.edu> wrote:

> We at UC Hastings would like to create/deploy an automated on-boarding
> solution for wireless personal devices such as Xbox, Roku, Apple TV,
> Chromecast, etc.

The wireless network team here used the ClearPass system this fall to roll out
a new SSID for these types of devices this fall for our students.

<http://www.it.northwestern.edu/oncampus/device-northwestern/>

Basically students can register their devices via self service portal.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services Northwestern

2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/> PGP Public