By OK do you mean a Radius access-accept? That is an authorization, but
doesn't necessarily imply any additional access parameters are
appropriately set (or not sent). We've seen this cause issues with eduroam
roaming before, but this can happen both on 802.1x and open (captive portal
is often implemented with AAA via MAC). Are you able have the dump what the
wireless controller sees for parameters and compare with a successful
authentication? Or test on a wireless lan without AAA overrides?

FWIW, I'm running a Nexus 6P on 7.1.1 and no issues on our 802.1x (eduroam)
or open captive portal SSIDs. We have Cisco WLCs against ISE.

--
Jeremy Mooney
ITS - Bethel University