Are you speaking about a separately named SSID, or looking to use an existing
SSID and radius to steer those clients into a different “admin” network?

Jeff

From: "wireless-lan@listserv.educause.edu" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
on behalf of "lhbad...@syr.edu" <lhbad...@syr.edu>
Date: Wednesday, March 22, 2017 at 1:13 PM
To: "wireless-lan@listserv.educause.edu" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Subject: [WIRELESS-LAN] 5 GHz Only Admin WLAN

Wondering how many of you are running 5 GHz single-band WLAN for admin
networks, where I’m assuming there is more control over device HW configs. I’m
specifically contemplating it for an SSID where we use domain-joined laptops.

Been there? Done that? Can you tell me about your t-shirt?

Thanks-

Lee

Lee Badman | Network Architect

Adjunct Instructor | CWNE #200