So, I'm guessing the only way to do this is to create 1 account per ipad.

any comments ?

best regards,

On 4/18/17 11:08 AM, Eric Glinsky wrote:

For devices that aren’t assigned to or owned by a specific person, we either log them in the 802.1x SSID with one AD account we use for all the oddballs, or put them on the PSK SSID.

*From:*The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv [mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] *On Behalf Of *Benedick, Jason
*Sent:* Monday, April 17, 2017 4:17 PM
*To:* WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
*Subject:* [WIRELESS-LAN] Shared iPads

How do you deal with shared iPads for students authenticating to the WiFi network? We currently use an 802.1x enabled SSID using RADIUS back to our Microsoft NPS server.

My initial thought is to create an AD account for each iPad, but if we start getting a lot of them I can see that becoming very tedious managing usernames and passwords for each device.

Thanks,

Jason R. Benedick

IT Generalist

Thaddeus Stevens College of Technology

Office: (717) 391-6957 Cell: (717) 587-9065

*********This electronic communication from TSCT is confidential and intended solely for use by the individual to whom it is addressed. If you are not the named recipient do not forward, propagate or replicate this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this message by mistake and remove from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action dependent upon the contents of this email or attachment is strictly prohibited.*********

This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately. This e-mail message is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL or PRIVILEGED material. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. If you are the intended recipient but do not wish to receive communications through this medium, please so advise the sender immediately. ********** Participation and subscription information for this EDUCAUSE Constituent Group discussion list can be found at http://www.educause.edu/discuss.

--
*Marcelo Maraboli Rosselott*
Subdirector de Redes y Seguridad