From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Baugh, Craig
Sent: Thursday, April 27, 2017 3:11 PM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] IPTV deployment

Yes Sir,..... both...
I am looking at it from the wireless perspective.... And my boss is worried :)

Our platform is all Cisco.
8540 controllers (8.3) and a mix of 3502, 3602, 3702, and 3802 WAPs.
Our transmit rates are:
802.11 a
[cid:image001.png@01D2BF77.B58918C0]
802.11 b/g
[cid:image002.png@01D2BF77.B58918C0]

Specs show IPTV needs 2Mbps to stream 720p content to client devices.

>From the wireless perspective, have you (or anyone else on this thread),had
>any problems with IPTV?
Did you have to adjust your data rates since multicast travels at the lowest
mandatory?

Thank you for your reply.
//Craig