It really depends on how the supplicant is configured. If a configuration tool
was used, it may have locked the supplicant to a specific cert and disallowed
the user to approve exceptions.

On 7/4/17, 11:34 AM, "The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
on behalf of Julian Y Koh" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU on behalf of
kohs...@northwestern.edu> wrote:

    > On Jul 3, 2017, at 17:38, Marcelo Maraboli <marcelo.marab...@uc.cl> wrote:
    >
    > What happens on the supplicant side of the 802.1x (User) when the
    > Radius certificate expires ?
    >
    > I am interested in what the user will face and HAVE to do.
    >
    > We have found 2 possibilities:
    > a) The user is prompted to "trust" the new certificate and that's it.

    This has been our experience.  Some clients behave differently here and
there due to bugs and/or config differences, but generally the worst that
happens is that people need to trust the new certificate.

    --
    Julian Y. Koh
    Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

    2001 Sheridan Road #G-166
    Evanston, IL 60208
    +1-847-467-5780
    Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>