Yeah, that fabric paradigm seems … well, let’s just quote from
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/8-5/config-guide/b_cg85/few.html

> VXLAN

> After a TCP connection flap in the WLC, it takes about five to six minutes to
> reestablish the connection. During this time, the access tunnels gets reset
> during client join.

Table 2 AP Support
AP

Support

11N

No

11AC Wave 1

Yes

11AC Wave 2

Yes

Mesh

No

Table 3 Client Security

Security

Support

Open and Static WEP

No

Table 4 IPv6 Support
IPv6

Support

IPv6 Infra Support

No

IPv6 Client Support

No

And it needs a whole ‘nother controller (APIC-EM) with supported switches
http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/cloud-systems-management/application-policy-infrastructure-controller-enterprise-module/datasheet-c78-739052.html
 and WLC (8540, 5520, 3504 only).

--
James Andrewartha
Network & Projects Engineer

From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
<WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU> on behalf of Lee H Badman
<lhbad...@syr.edu>
Date: Tuesday, 1 August 2017 at 8:10 pm
To: "WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU" <WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU>
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Cisco Code Version

I’m interested here, greatly… but:

-          8.5 will have to bake thoroughly for us. Not touching it until MR3
or beyond. Zero trust or faith in early WLC code anymore- seems it’s all beta
quality at best anymore.

-          Need to see if Cisco requires more licensing in ISE somehow to
enable the feature (we only use ISE for basic RADIUS right now), and what the
complexity to implement ends up being.

But if it scales, and if it isn’t nonsensically licensed, and if the code that
supports it is eventually solid, and if you can use it without getting sucked
into an immature, complicated, buggy fabric paradigm, it could be hugely
enabling in certain environments.

-Lee

Lee Badman | Network Architect

Certified Wireless Network Expert (#200)
Information Technology Services
206 Machinery Hall
120 Smith Drive
Syracuse, New York 13244