From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Trenton Hurt
Sent: Friday, 4 August 2017 10:05 AM
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Web GUI unresponsive after HTTPS-redirect enabled

HTTPS redirect is used for redirect over web auth

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/12398536/understanding-https-redirect-over-web-auth

On Thu, Aug 3, 2017 at 8:18 PM Jason Cook
<jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au<mailto:jason.c...@adelaide.edu.au>> wrote:
My understanding is that HTTPS Redirection is simply so the user can try
connecting on http and will be automatically directed to https.

Our config is below, we use https only. We don’t bother with re-direct, admins
just have to remember to go to https, not http ☺

The bug only says https redirection, so it doesn’t sound like you need to go to
http only.

Still on .152 here, no testing yet on 160

[cid:image001.png@01D30D04.858591F0]

--
Jason Cook
Technology Services