Good Morning,

I was curious if anyone has run into any throughput issues due to updating to
Windows 10 Creator's Update (Version 1703) - which appeared to be related to
"RSC Received Segment Coalescing)" - which was reported to be fixed in -
KB4022716 - https://communities.intel.com/thread/115898 - more curious how
widespread this potentially is/was and an FYI as this was the first time we had
been aware of this issue.

The issue presented itself on a Windows 10 Laptop with an Intel AC-8260 Adapter
- with speed tests showing .01Mbps Download with 127Mbps Upload (Normal) -
behaved very similarly to a fragmentation issue we previously saw at Remote
Offices (GRE/IPSEC Fragmentation) - resolved with adjusting MTU.

-          Proposed Workarounds had been

§  Client-Side - Adjusting the client's MTU to 1400 (this resolved our user's
particular issue) - he appeared to have the KB4022716 update applied.

§  Environment/Controller Wide (Cisco) - Adjusting the MSS Value at the
Controller Level to 1360 from 1363 - https://communities.intel.com/thread/115425

·         I saw a previous listserv discussion (attached) - where reminded me
of the behavior but has been resolved by setting the MSS Value to 1250 (New
Cisco Default possibly) - might be a coincidence.

With something broad as "Slow Wifi" - some of the discussions in the TechNet
Discussion won't necessarily be related - but MTU Adjustments, RSC,  AC-8260,
corporate environments kept popping up.

-          TechNet Discussion -
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/27dd19ab-78a2-42fc-accb-34bd949a30a7/windows-10-creators-update-causing-very-slow-wifi?forum=win10itpronetworking

-          Windows 10 Creator's Update Wi-Fi Issues -
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/wifi-issues-with-creators-update/4a20ba4f-33dc-4397-9823-e12dcb2607ba

Christopher Johnson
Wireless Network Engineer
AT Infrastructure Operations & Networking (ION)
Illinois State University
(309) 438-8444
Stay connected with ISU IT news and tips with @ISU IT Help on
Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/ISUITHelp/> and
Twitter<https://twitter.com/ISUITHelp>

--- Begin Message ---
We had this same issue.  Although I think it was affecting Macbooks originally
and then migrated to Windows a few months later.  But yes, it seems to have to
do with the Creators update but TAC said the new default will be 1250 anyway.

Thanks,

--
Curtis K. Larsen
Senior Network Engineer