Good Morning

Big changes from last year, we moved to Aruba
We braced for the onslaught ☺  armed with

  *   7210 Master Controller
  *   2 7240’s for Local controllers (handling the traffic)

  *   Airwave for monitoring
  *   Clearpass for Authentication (HA active pair)

  *   We have 3 networks
o   802.1x
o   Guest
o   Misc-Device – IOT, TV, Apple TV, Chromecast etc  -and coffee pots…cannot
forget the coffee pots

So far, as we just finished installing the 1200 aps’, we are ~800 303h’s (1 in
each dorm room) and ~500 325 Ap’s.

To make things more interesting, we also upgraded our core from 1 gb to pure
10gb and changed our Firewall to the Cisco FTD platform.

So we truly have no benchmarking from last year but a lot of expectations!  LOL

So far, the students are connecting quickly, successfully and getting to their
movies online.  Which I call success!

Ian Lyons
Rollins College
Network Engineer