Folks,

With so many people impacted by Hurricane Harvey, and potentially soon by
Hurricane Irma,  I hope this group would welcome notice of an opportunity for
your IT organizations to help provide relief. ITDR is a 501 (c) non-profit
organization made up of professionals from the IT community who donate their
time to assisting with telecom needs for disaster recovery. You can learn more
about them here: https://itdrc.org/about.  If any EDUCAUSE Listserv community
members (or your reseller partners) would like to donate old WLAN gear they can
send it here:

NRG/ITDRC
Attn: Tom Jewell
12307 Kurland Dr.
Houston, TX 77034

Doesn’t matter how old it is, ITDRC will take anything. If they drop us a note,
we’ll make sure anything they send is fully licensed and upgraded and can help
with setup.

Last time I checked, we’re up to about 140 APs that Ruckus will be shipping in
addition to hosting them on a virtual SmartZone (vSZ).
Thanks in advance to everyone who chooses to contribute relief one way or
another!

Best,
Rich
P.S. all vendor models are accepted, not just Ruckus, so a good chance to clean
out the closets and hallways!
P.P.S. equipment will be collected and re-used after Harvey relief, and could
be used again where needed!!