Hi,

You can see the same on the WLC GUI.
Also, from the statistics of the AP join at the monitor tab. "This one is
easier and would show you what happened when you are not there"

Yahya Jaber.
CCIE Wireless.
055-869-7555
ITNC Engineering.
KAUST.

Sent from an Android

On Sep 15, 2017 8:19 PM, Earl Barfield <earl.barfi...@oit.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Date:    Mon, 11 Sep 2017 17:48:58 -0700
> From:    Mark Duling <mark.dul...@biola.edu>
> Subject: Re: spurious cpi report of mass AP disassociation
>
> Thanks for all the replies everyone. Well I'm not used to looking at AP
> logs, but ...

After such an event, log into the controller and run 'show ap summary'
the list of APs shows up in the order that the APs joined the controller
so the ones at the end of the list are the newest ones to join.   Pick
one of the bottom of the list and run 'show ap config general <APname>'
and look for the join info near the bottom eg:

> AP Up Time......................... 1 days, 21 h 15 m 05 s
> AP LWAPP Up Time................... 1 days, 21 h 13 m 10 s
> Join Taken Time.................... 0 days, 00 h 01 m 54 s

Is the APs dropped and joined, then it will be evident from the Join
Time.   If the AP rebooted, then it will be evident from the AP Up Time.
If neither, then you had a false alarm from Prime.

--
Earl Barfield -- Academic & Research Tech / Information Technology
Internet: earl.barfi...@oit.gatech.edu    e...@gatech.edu