Mike et al.,

We are starting a Govroam pilot here in the US (www.govroam.us) with local and
state government and eventually federal.
We don’t envision many schools adding the Govroam SSID or Government agencies
adding the eduroam SSID unless there very specific use cases.
On the other end by creating those two roaming communities early on we (as all
of us) will be ready when Passpoint/Hotspot2.0 becomes more wide spread.
Once your infrastructure supports Hotspot2.0 you will be able to add
local/state/federal roaming communities to your network quite easily.
Adding a roaming community to the broadcast frame of Hotspot2.0 will be so much
easier than adding yet another SSID!

We do not know all your use cases (gov/edu) of course, feel free to share so we
can design accordingly.

(please excuse our laconic govroam and anyroam websites we are in the middle of
completely revamping them with useful info)

and BTW, Happy New Year y’all :)

Philippe

Philippe Hanset, CEO
www.anyroam.net