Sean,

I would fully uninstall the Symantec software, not just disable it.
Symantec even makes a software uninstaller for their products for their
extra stubborn apps:
https://support.symantec.com/en_US/article.HOWTO74877.html

Honestly, whenever their is network weirdness with these types of
supplicants, I have many, many times gotten rid of the Symantec products
(firewalls/antivirus/Internet Protection Suite/etc) with much success.

Thanks!--JW

Jess Walczak
Senior Network Analyst
Information Technology Services