Hi Chuck,

Both Google Home Mini's did indeed share the same OID - I actually considered
that idea towards the end. I've joked that it just doesn't like that the
"non-working" one ends with a letter instead of a number - (scratch that now it
just doesn't like if it ends with letter 'C'). I also relocated both to a
separate VLAN (to force new IP Addresses) on the off-chance there was a bizarre
IP Address conflict and ruled out other discovery methods that might have given
me false impression that the "defective device" worked with mDNS at home/lab
environment (such as Bluetooth or arp scan [had a couple printers utilize that
method]).

As far as I can tell - our controller receives the mDNS response, processes it,
then immediately discards it - according to the debug logs. I know the
controller will "block queries" if there isn't a matching "Server" that has
already been categorized "such as googlecast" - but I'm not sure if that's the
same as a discard.

I'm hoping the development team will be able to give me an answer as at this
point I'm more troubleshooting the AirGroup service itself than the Google Home
Mini. Just a bit more bizarre than the "Roku App" issue we ran into last year.
Development team determined that the "Roku App" is using an invalid uPnP/SSDP
syntax --
http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/Roku-streaming-stick-Not-registering-with-AirGroup/m-p/378957#M77916

I'll add that I know a majority of the things that I've troubleshooted is more
the "convenience aspect" - Roku works just fine without the Roku App (can even
specify the IP Address directly) - Google Home Mini will answer queries/play
music just fine (without completing the setup). It's more to help me
understand, recognize, and identify what's going on. mDNS/SSDP is "convenience"
for a majority of the devices - but it's necessary for Chrome-Cast. Till I know
why this Google Home Mini doesn't work, I can't be sure this issue isn't going
to "appear" on a ChromeCast that has been working.

Christopher Johnson
Wireless Network Engineer
AT Infrastructure Operations & Networking (ION)
Illinois State University
(309) 438-8444
Stay connected with ISU IT news and tips with @ISU IT Help on Facebook and
Twitter