From: The EDUCAUSE Wireless Issues Constituent Group Listserv
[mailto:WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU] On Behalf Of Osborne, Bruce W
(Network Operations)
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:46
To: WIRELESS-LAN@LISTSERV.EDUCAUSE.EDU
Subject: Re: [WIRELESS-LAN] Offline/Spare Gear Inventory Size

We have needed to replace very few of our Aruba APs. We keep inventory mainly
for the following reasons:

  1.  Temporary large event deployments
  2.  Coverage adjustments
  3.  Last minute projects that cannot wait for ordered equipment – We are a
construction-heavy school.
  4.  Pull backs from areas being remodeled. Those moving in generally purchase
newer equipment.
  5.  Lab testing for new configuration & troubleshooting.

We try to keep some of our latest recommended model APs.

Regards,

Bruce Osborne
Senior Network Engineer
Network Operations - Wireless
 (434) 592-4229
LIBERTY UNIVERSITY
Training Champions for Christ since 1971