I am guessing the failures are expired credentials/certs.

Ryan Turner
Senior Manager of Networking, ITS
+1 919 274 7926 Mobile
+1 919 445 0113 Office

On Jul 5, 2018, at 9:55 PM, Julian Y Koh
<kohs...@northwestern.edu<mailto:kohs...@northwestern.edu>> wrote:

On Jul 5, 2018, at 20:40, Turner, Ryan H
<rhtur...@email.unc.edu<mailto:rhtur...@email.unc.edu>> wrote:

They created it for us.  I think we started getting them a few weeks ago.

Yeah, we started getting them as well - I think they are very interesting.  Our
immediate question was whether information was aggregated somewhere or could
somehow be compared with other institutions like ours, but the response was
that the types of institutions are very disparate and that it might be
something they look into for the future.

One thing that I’m really curious about is the authentication success rates.  I
haven’t seen our semi-annual report that covers all of January-June, but just
looking at the monthly reports, we’re around 68% success for the NU users who
are traveling elsewhere (but June had a big dropoff to 55% down from 65% the
month before) and ~51% for the guests who are visiting our institution.  We
don’t use eduroam as our primary SSID.

--
Julian Y. Koh
Associate Director, Telecommunications and Network Services

2020 Ridge Avenue #331
Evanston, IL 60208
+1-847-467-5780
Northwestern IT Web Site: <http://www.it.northwestern.edu/>